Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bon Om Tuk


For Cambodia people. The water festival Day in Phnom Penh is the most important transitional festival. For three days Phnom Penh citizens. Foreign tourists and famers from different provinces gather in the capital to celebrate nigh and days. In the afternoon of the first day, one of my friends came to my house. We both got on The motorbike and leave for the riverbank because there would be the races of about two or three hundred decorated pirogues  (long wooden boats) at two 0 clock along the Mekong River Not only us but other people as well place where the festival would be held.
The traffic seemed to be heavier than usual. City Street, big and small. Are busy with vehicles of all sorts moving in the bright sunlight. When we approached the road that lead to the riverside. We see a group of metropolitan police in khaki uniform, standing in the middle of the road. Preventing people from taking their vehicles in. Seeing this. I told my friend to get off the motorbike and I take motorbike parking area. Then we stated walking as other people did. Later I realize that the reason why vehicles were lit in because the people want to maintain law and other safely. We crossed from old. In dashing clothes of different colors walking back and forth with bread smiling face. What attracts me most was the riverside which was lined wing thousands of people? Focusing their eyes on the river where the boats races were about to being.
These scenes made the riverside picturesque and engaging. Soon I beard an announcement from the loudspeakers. Which were tired to the people, stating that other races are about to being? My friend as well as other people always found a suitable place where we can see the rogues? The set off in pairs under the crowed vary eyes and cheers. There were two types of boats. From near and far woman were used each boats. He boat. The boat, With a man and a woman dancing softly and the bow as an encouragement to the rowers, 2 Move swiftly to win the race Wherever I east my glance there were people the balconies were also the full of people everyone cranes his or her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment